Monday, June 15, 2015

Updating 2015 Rankings

I've noticed as I'm getting close to finishing the 2014 rankings that there are some additional tweaks I need to make in order to get my rankings more realistic.  I think the piece I need to add is strength of schedule (SOS).  If you notice in my rankings, since it is totally based on points obtained by actual results on the field, Marshall is ranked in the top 5.  If you look at their SOS, they should not be ranked as high.  By adding SOS points into my ranking score, I think it will align my rankings more with the actual polls being released.  The difficult part will be trying to figure out how to create a formula to correctly value the SOS for each FBS team.  If anyone has any ideas, please add a comment to this post.  Also, if you have any other suggestions or ideas, please add comments for those as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment