Sunday, October 19, 2014

2014 Week 8 Recap

There were not as many upsets this week, only blowouts.  Although, the Notre Dame - Florida State game ending up being a great game and lived up to the hype.  As for my take on the offensive PI to call back the winning TD for Notre Dame, I'm a little biased.  I was glad for the flag since I want ND to lose every game they play.  I'm a USC fan and cannot stand to see ND or UCLA succeed.  If ND had won the game, they would have been almost guaranteed a spot in the playoffs even if USC beats them.  An 11-1 ND team that knocked off the reigning national champion on their home field and only losing 1 game would pretty much be a sure bet to fill 1 of the 4 spots.




As for the call itself, after seeing the replays and hearing everyone talking about this, I believe it was the right call.  I'm shocked the referee had the balls to call it being the last play of the game and knowing it would definitely have an impact on the outcome.  To be honest, even if I wasn't pulling for ND to lose, I'm glad the flag was thrown.  It irritates me how many times in the past when referees swallow their whistles when there is an obvious call and they don't call it.  I wish more referees would be like this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment