Sunday, September 7, 2014

New AP & Coaches Poll - Week 2

I've updated the 'Weekly AP & Coaches Polls' page with week 2 polls.  I'm a little surprised BYU isn't get any love in the Coaches poll.  What else do they need to do?  They have gone across country to beat UConn (I know UConn isn't much, but at least they're an FBS team) and then destroy Texas on their home field.  Sure, Texas is depleted with their starting QB & center out along with a couple other linemen that were suspended, but 41-7 on the road is still pretty impressive.  Next week, UCLA goes to Texas to play the Longhorns and I guarantee the score will be a lot closer than the BYU score.  In fact, I would not be surprised if Texas wins the game outright.

Speaking of UCLA, I'm glad to see pollsters moving them down after their 2nd consecutive week of sub-par play against weaker opponents.  There's no way that game against Memphis at HOME should be that close.  If they don't get their act together, Oregon is going to embarrass them on the Rose Bowl field when they meet next month.  They were so overrated before the season began.  Everyone was picking them to win the Pac-12 and be 1 of the 4 teams in the playoff.  One media member, Tim Brando, even picked them to win the national championship.  Really?!?  Why so much love? 
They are basically the same team as last year, plus they have no running game or playmakers on offense, besides Hundley.  They're O-line is horrible.  They did play better against Memphis, but their defense, which is supposed to be their strength was horrible.  I might be biased being a Trojan fan and despising the Bruins, but I always they were WAY overhyped and I think they might not even win the Pac-12 South, let alone the Pac-12 or making the playoffs.  I personally think they're going to lose 2-3 games out of their games with Texas, Stanford, Arizona St, Oregon and USC.


By looking at the Coaches Poll this week shows why I totally discard that poll and use the AP Poll for my preseason starting point.  How is Ohio St ranked higher than Virginia Tech this week?  Do they even know Ohio St lost at HOME?

No comments:

Post a Comment